Collected by Alissa Michel
Platja Pou d’es Lleo, Spain
When we asked at our hotel for a restaurant recommendation, we were given directions to the restaurant at Pou des Lleo. "That's where they serve the famous paella," we were told. Pou des Lleo turned out to be a tiny cove at the end of a completely...
Itzurun, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Some days, things just magically fall into perfection. It's not often do I stumble upon a hidden gem like Itzurun Beach, let alone a town like Zumaia. We were tooling around Basque country on a bluebird July afternoon when we saw, or I should say...
20170 Usurbil, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Kalimotxo is a drink made of equal parts red wine and cola. When I first heard of the drink, I had to check the source - I thought someone was playing a trick on me. When I found out that people have been drinking kalimotxo in Spain for quite some...
29780 Nerja, Málaga, Spain
Nerja was the find of a monthlong trip to Europe one May. We took a flight from Barcelona to Málaga with the intention of riding a bus along the coast. We rode the bus all the way to the last town Nerja and decided to spend the night there. We...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May