Collected by Erik Elmore
Erik Elmore′s Wishlist
Funicolare Zecca-Righi, 16136 Genova GE, Italy
I love the funicular trains of Genoa, built at an angle to take you up the steep mountains. Take the Zecca-Righi line to the top for an incredible panorama of the city, and walk down into the center through narrow alleys, passing tiny gardens and...
Budapest, Baross tér, Hungary
If you're an avid train traveler, you must visit this railway terminal in Budapest, Hungary. It's one of the main international and intercity terminal which was built around 1881. This image highlights the allegorical statues that are part of the...
Largo Monte, 1170-107 Lisboa, Portugal
One of the less-visited viewing spots in Lisbon, maybe because it’s the highest point in the city and nobody wants to climb so high, has great conditions for observing and picture-taking, due to its half-moon shape and wonderful light. You will be...
19 Avenue Kléber, 75116 Paris, France
It took master artisans four years to transform the faded Hotel Majestic, a belle époque landmark, into a 21st-century palace hotel. Le Peninsula Paris reopened in 2014 with just 200 rooms—created at an average cost of 2.75...
10 Avenue d'Iéna, 75116 Paris, France
The former residence of Napoleon Bonaparte’s grandnephew, on a hill leading down to the Seine next to the Trocadéro, has been converted into this striking palace hotel whose airy, light-filled spaces by Pierre-Yves Rochon showcase...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local