Erica Gragg's Favorite Places to Shop, Stay, and Eat around the Globe
Collected by Afar Magazine
Riad Laarous, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
Everything glitters in this breathtaking shop: antique Berber silver, amber jewelry, inlaid mother-of-pearl furniture, and ceramic bowls full of gleaming beads and stones. 3 Fhal Chidmi, Rue Mouassine, 212/(0) 24-442-2578. This appeared in the...
Porto Seguro - State of Bahia, 45810-000, Brazil
The restaurant attached to the 12-room El Gordo Inn justifies the trip to Trancoso, a Bahia beach town. Order lagareiro, an amazing dish of sautéed octopus dressed in olive oil. Praça São João 7, Quadrado, 55/(0) 73-3668-1193. This appeared in the...
Korte Nieuwstraat 24, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
Located in a pair of centuries-old Flemish townhouses in the center of town, Hotel Julien epitomizes Antwerp today: traditional on the outside, cutting-edge modern on the inside. Antwerp has the chic feeling of a mini Paris. Korte Nieuwstraat 24,...
Kingkitsarath Rd, Luang Prabang, Laos
A fabulous café and cooking school, Tamarind specializes in local produce and homestyle meals. As part of our private lesson there, we joined the chef on a trip to a local market and learned about traditional Lao spices and cooking methods. Ban...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now