Collected by Eric H Bowen
Eric H Bowen′s Wishlist
721 Government St, Victoria, BC V8W 1W5, Canada
Every book will tell you to have high tea at the Empress in Victoria, and you should. They welcomed our three-generation group, including 2 kids under 6, and had hot chocolate for those who didn't want tea. They also had a full gluten-free option,...
675 Belleville St, Victoria, BC V8W 9W2, Canada
The 1886 Royal British Columbia Museum shares the natural and human history of the area through its extensive collections. The Natural History wing focuses on animal life, from bird taxidermy and woolly mammoth fossils to a reconstruction of a...
634 Humboldt St, Victoria, BC V8W 1A4, Canada
Visit Western Canada's oldest maritime museum in its temporary location across the street from the Fairmont Empress. Thrilling tales of shipwrecks, pirates, exploration and discovery are told through this collection of 35,000 artifacts. Look for a...
800 Benvenuto Ave, Brentwood Bay, BC V8M 1J8, Canada
The Butchart Gardens is a group of floral display gardens in Brentwood Bay that receive more than a million visitors each year. In 1907, 65 year old garden designer Isaburo Kishida of Yokohama came to Victoria, at the request of his son, to build...
1108 Government St, Victoria, BC V8W 1Y2, Canada
Like the rest of Victoria, Munro's is one of a kind. Founded by Jim and Alice Munro (the famous author), it is one of the few independent bookstores left in the city. Relocated to the neo-classical Royal Bank of Canada building, the generous staff...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign