equador and galapagos ideas
Collected by Thomas O'Brien
I recently won a 10 day Galapagos islands photo workshop with http://muenchworkshops.com/ this summer I will be spending the trip on a small boat with 19 other photographers. I cant wait for this, its a trip of a lifetime.
Puerto Ayora, Ecuador
There are a lot of great reasons to visit the Galapagos Islands, but getting up close and personal with some strange animals is one of the best. On Puerto Ayora there is a tortoise sanctuary where you can spend some quality time with 100 year old...
Galápagos Islands, Ecuador
There are not many places in the world where you can capture three distinct species in a single frame. In the Galapagos you can, from just a few yards away. I especially liked watching (and photographing) the way very distant relatives interacted....
Kicker Rock, Ecuador
One beautiful morning on our Galapagos Islands Trip, we took a zodiac out with a naturalist and cruised around Kicker Rock. The morning light hitting the rock was stunning and the many birds on the rock and seals were great to see.
Tortillas de maiz con queso are the best little bites of Ecuadorian street food. These corn flour and cheese balls can be found in most parts of the country. Street vendors push a pinch of grated queso fresco (fresh cheese) into the middle of the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village