Collected by AFAR Traveler
Learn to cook like a Venetian—and eat lots of pastries.
Campo Santa Maria del Giglio, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Built in 1525 as the family home of Doge Andrea Gritti, this antique-stocked palazzo has rooms with mosaic floors, hand-painted furniture, and panoramic views of the Grand Canal. Murano glass chandeliers and sconces light up the hotel that Ernest...
Calle S. Domenico Dorsoduro, 568, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
Enrica Rocca is the kind of cooking instructor that turns cooking school culinary models upside down. Sure, she follows some sort of recipe, not written down of course. But her main objective, the points she wants you to leave with, are: how to...
S. Marco, 2159, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
The Westin Europa and Regina Hotel's, La Cuisina Restaurant, is another of Venice's premier cooking school experiences. Classes are led by Chef Alberto Fol and his team, and they usually are all about what's local and fresh from the fields and...
Sestiere Castello, 5909, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Should you find yourself in the vicinity of Campo Santa Marina, make a beeline to this excellent pastry shop. Their tiramisu is as pillowy as it is rich, and during holidays like Easter they make the most decadent fried donuts filled with whipped...
30125 Venice, Metropolitan City of Venice, Italy
It's crowded at Pasticceria Rizzardini in San Polo for many delicious reasons. For starters, there are freshly baked cream puffs, sugar-covered donuts, fat strudels, and butter croissants. Don't be discouraged by the crush of people that typically...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter