Collected by AFAR Traveler
Learn to cook like a Venetian—and eat lots of pastries.
Campo Santa Maria del Giglio, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Built in 1525 as the family home of Doge Andrea Gritti, this antique-stocked palazzo has rooms with mosaic floors, hand-painted furniture, and panoramic views of the Grand Canal. Murano glass chandeliers and sconces light up the hotel that Ernest...
Calle S. Domenico Dorsoduro, 568, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
Enrica Rocca is the kind of cooking instructor that turns cooking school culinary models upside down. Sure, she follows some sort of recipe, not written down of course. But her main objective, the points she wants you to leave with, are: how to...
S. Marco, 2159, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
The Westin Europa and Regina Hotel's, La Cuisina Restaurant, is another of Venice's premier cooking school experiences. Classes are led by Chef Alberto Fol and his team, and they usually are all about what's local and fresh from the fields and...
Sestiere Castello, 5909, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Should you find yourself in the vicinity of Campo Santa Marina, make a beeline to this excellent pastry shop. Their tiramisu is as pillowy as it is rich, and during holidays like Easter they make the most decadent fried donuts filled with whipped...
Campiello dei Meloni, 1415, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
It's crowded at Pasticceria Rizzardini in San Polo for many delicious reasons. For starters, there are freshly baked cream puffs, sugar-covered donuts, fat strudels, and butter croissants. Don't be discouraged by the crush of people that typically...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna