Collected by Jenna Meister
Gogo Falls Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Out in the leafy suburb of Karen, about 30 minutes' drive from central Nairobi, lies the Giraffe Manor. Famously home to the friendly, constantly hungry population of endangered Rothschild's giraffes, this is one hell of a place to spend a night...
KWS Central Workshop Gate, off, Nairobi, Kenya
The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust rescues and houses baby elephants that were orphaned throughout Kenya. Animal-lovers can see these little guys at the Trust's compound. There is a public feeding hour every day, but a visitor can contribute to...
Slip Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
The Maasai Market is an excellent spot to get all kinds of handmade crafts, jewelry, beads, woodwork, and art in the middle of Nairobi. My favorite items were the stacks of fabrics with Maasai prints, plaids, and Barack Obama screens. At this...
90, Nairobi, Kenya
Katie Cadar sends clients visiting to Nairobi to Kazuri Beads "to support the work of the local women who create such beautiful handmade jewelry." Kazuri, which means "small and beautiful" in Swahili was formed in 1975 to provide employment for...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles