Enter the Suez Canal at Port Said
Going all the way back to the construction of the Pharos of Alexandria in the 3rd century B.C.E., Egypt has long been a nation of naval innovation. The Port Said Lighthouse was the first building in the world created with reinforced concrete....
This grand building was erected in 1895 to house the Suez Canal Company, now called the Suez Canal Authority (SCA). Construction of the Suez Canal, which connects the Mediterranean Sea with the Red Sea, began in 1859 and took a decade to finish....
This newly built mosque with elaborate twin minarets and multiple domes is across from Port Said on the eastern side of the Suez Canal in Port Fuad, and it dominates the cityscape. The mosque is the central gathering place for followers of Islam;...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter