Collected by Sarah
Taken in the North York Moors in Northern England just before the light fades on my time exploring this powerful space. This is a land full of a bleak, suggestively Delphian beauty that haunts with the idea that I need to come back to understand...
1A Station Rd, Hathersage, Hope Valley S32 1DD, UK
Last week I visited the small town of Hathersage in order to hike up into the Peak District National Park. Travel companion sherpa, Jochanan, also joined in the trek. Now, there’s something everyone must know about English public footpaths. By...
Wells BA5, UK
Take a turn around Well's iconic cathedral before heading inside to scope out one of the best collections of 14th century stained glass in Europe, and the Wells Clock, the second oldest clock mechanism in Britain. Don't miss the unique octagonal...
Avebury, Marlborough SN8 1RE, UK
Lace up your best walking shoes--you'll need them at Avebury. This Neolithic henge and stone circle is so massive that it encompasses the village of Avebury and surrounding farmland. While locals destroyed many of the standing stones for religious...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now