England/GB - 2014 Travel WishList
Collected by Eleanor Hallewell
The places I'm itching to explore in my home country...
Penny Ln, Liverpool, UK
… of every head he's had the pleasure to know." 2012 marks the 50th anniversary of the formation of the Beatles. What better way to celebrate than to visit the place where it all began: Liverpool! Penny Lane was immortalized in the song of the...
Anfield Rd, Liverpool L4 0TH, UK
When people think of England, they immediately go to London or maybe Manchester. But Liverpool is where it's at! If they're in town, you MUST go catch a football match at historic Anfield. It's truly an unforgettable experience, being surrounded...
71a, 73 Marylebone Ln, Marylebone, London W1U 2PN, UK
I know that's a bold statement to make, as there are hundreds of fish shops throughout London, but they all are typically heavy and very greasy. My sister and I wandered into Golden Hind in Marylebone after nixing other fine-dining options. There...
Leigh-on-Sea, Southend-on-Sea, Leigh-on-Sea SS9, UK
With a family business steeped in the seafood industry, I was told to go to Leigh-on-Sea for a taste of England's authentic shellfish -- from cockles to jellied eels. The weather being what it is here in London, it took me months before I made it...
The Minack Theatre, Porthcurno, Penzance TR19 6JU, UK
In 1931 Rowena Cade started to build a theatre on the cliffs in Porthcurno, Cornwall. Today there is a remarkable arena on the coast with just the sea and rocks as a backdrop. In summer the audiences are treated to performances from Shakespeare to...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now