England & Ireland & Scotland
Collected by Risa Middleton
Buchanan St, Glasgow, UK
If shopping’s your bag, make a bee-line for Glasgow’s “Style Mile,” where the concentration of shops here (some 200) makes it the UK’s largest retail center outside London. The choices include everything from massive department-store emporiums...
Glasgow G2 1DH, UK
Glasgow is an architecture-buff’s dream, with beautiful 19th-century Victorian, Gothic, and Art Nouveau, and Neo-Classical buildings scattered throughout the city. Many of these are best appreciated on foot—including Glasgow City Chambers, in the...
Candleriggs, Glasgow G1 1NQ, UK
The slightly goofy-sounding name of this beloved concert venue explains its history: it occupies a Merchant City building that really did house a produce market back in the 1800s. Many of the original architectural details from those days are...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter