England & Ireland & Scotland
Collected by Risa Middleton
Buchanan St, Glasgow, UK
If shopping’s your bag, make a bee-line for Glasgow’s “Style Mile,” where the concentration of shops here (some 200) makes it the UK’s largest retail center outside London. The choices include everything from massive department-store emporiums...
George St, Glasgow G2 1DU, UK
Glasgow is an architecture-buff’s dream, with beautiful 19th-century Victorian, Gothic, and Art Nouveau, and Neo-Classical buildings scattered throughout the city. Many of these are best appreciated on foot—including Glasgow City Chambers, in the...
Candleriggs, Glasgow G1 1NQ, UK
The slightly goofy-sounding name of this beloved concert venue explains its history: it occupies a Merchant City building that really did house a produce market back in the 1800s. Many of the original architectural details from those days are...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna