Embrace the bizarre: Prague
Collected by Genevieve, AFAR Local Expert
More to come!
III. nádvoří 48/2, 119 01 Praha 1, Czechia
Many mistake this gothic icon towering over the Prague skyline as Prague Castle, but St Vitus Cathedral is an entity all of its own - six centuries in the making. Entry is free to the first part but you will need a ticket for full access. For...
Na Kampě 508/15, 118 00 Praha-Malá Strana, Czechia
On most days in Prague, it feels like every tourist in town has gathered on the Charles Bridge. And for good reason — this 14th-century cobblestone span crosses the Vltava River, connecting the Old Town with the Lesser Town (Mala...
Cihelna, 250 88 Čelákovice, Czechia
These two bronze statues in a little square outside the Kafka museum are saying it...with their urine. These clearly well versed lads quote famous Prague residents but for a period of time you could even SMS them you're own message. The statues,...
Celetná 557/10, 110 00 Praha 1-Staré Město, Czechia
We had an hour to kill and were lured into the Prague Chocolate Museum by an eccentric promoter/salesman. Amazing chocolate, watched a chocolate making demonstration and got a free hot chocolate afterwards, which was the perfect takeaway for a...
- 1The Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2Portugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Tar, Spaghetti, and Other Totally Real Ice Cream Flavors You Need to Try in Europe
- 4The True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 5Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps