Collected by Elizabeth Spain
Elizabeth Spain′s Wishlist
Monjitas 506, Santiago, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Isidora Goyenechea 3000, Las Condes, Región Metropolitana, Chile
The Santiago outpost of Lima's most famous Nikkei restaurant (Peruvian-Japanese fusion), Osaka has been a smash hit since it opened in the W Santiago. Cosmopolitan, chic and with sensational sushi, come with an appetite as you try sushi with a...
Monjitas 460, Santiago, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Kintaro has been a mainstay of the Bellas Artes neighborhood near Parque Forestal for over 15 years. The Japanese owner and sushi master are always on hand to ensure quality at this busy locale, day and night with a local (and Asian) crowd. Right...
San Pablo, Santiago, Región Metropolitana, Chile
If you’re aiming to see what last night’s catch looked like before it became your supper, head to Santiago’s Mercado Central, where every edible sea creature is up for sale. As boisterous as a stock market, the seafood exchange...
Fernando Márquez de La Plata 0192, Providencia, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Nobel prize-winning poet Pablo Neruda built a quirky home for his secret lover, Matilde Urrutia, in the 1950s. He called the house "La Chascona," her nickname due to her wild, red hair. Neruda is a literary icon in Chile and was a bit of enigma....
Matucana 501, Santiago, Región Metropolitana, Chile
From 1973 to 1990, Chile was under the dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet. During this period, many human rights atrocities were committed. After democracy returned to Chile, citizens stopped reeling and normalcy returned--but the question of what...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna