Elegant New York
Collected by Emma John, AFAR Local Expert
123 Nassau St, New York, NY 10038, USA
Opening in June, this long-awaited hotel in a landmark building in Lower Manhattan will house new projects from two of the country’s most famous restaurateurs. First, there’s Tom Colicchio’s Fowler & Wells—somewhat...
476 5th Ave, New York, NY 10018, USA
The main branch of the New York Public Library is one of the country’s grandest Beaux Arts buildings, a temple to learning on Fifth Avenue between 40th and 42nd streets. At the end of the 19th century, John Bigelow, who oversaw the Tilden...
59 W 44th St, New York, NY 10036, USA
I suppose the Algonquin is an obvious pilgrimage for anyone with a fascination for the 1920s, but it certainly didn't disappoint. The ambience conjured everything I imagined of a legendary literary bolthole and more importantly my White Russian...
130 W 44th St, New York, NY 10036, USA
You get your own butler. That's what you need to know about the Chatwal. About five minutes after you've arrived in your room, a liveried staff member will arrive at your door, introduce themselves, and offer their services. In our case, Kate and...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet