Collected by Elaine Ackerman
Elaine Ackerman′s Wishlist
No. 18, Section 2, Zhongshan N Rd, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 104
This beautiful 1920s colonial-style home was once home to the American consulate and later embassy until diplomatic ties were severed in 1979. The stately residence has been revived though and today is home to one of the most innovative theaters...
No. 98, Section 3, Xinsheng South Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106
A favorite cultural activity of mine is to visit bookstores wherever I go. Even if I can’t understand the language, I can usually get a sense for the themes of the most popular books. Luckily, the massive bookstore Eslite has a great...
No. 133, Guangfu South Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan 110
Opened in the 1930s as a progressive factory specializing in tobacco products, Songshan Cultural Park's massive urban space has been transformed into one of the most amazing creative hubs in the world. Rather than allow the building to succumb to...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles