Collected by Kenneth (Kenito) Villamil
Zamalek, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Cairo Tower, also known as El Gezira Tower or Borg Al Kahira, is considered one of the most prominent features of the Egyptian capital. Its partially open lattice-work design is intended to evoke a lotus plant. Visit the tower at night, where you...
15 Hoda Shaarawy, Bab Al Louq, Qasr an Nile, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
When I asked my local guide where to get a real taste of Cairo, she brought me to Felfela. This restaurant has been cooking falafel the same way since 1959 and they have definitely perfected the art. Chefs toss balls of batter into boiling oil....
مبنى التصميم الميكانيكى الجديد، New Giza Rd, Giza, Giza Governorate, Egypt
Before you even set foot through the gate of the Andrea Restaurant in Cairo, the smell of roasting meat wafts out. Peer through the smoke and you’ll see dozens of roasting chickens, lazily turning on spits. One man tends to the ever-burning coals...
Al Haram, Giza Governorate, Egypt
You may have studied them in school and seen a million pictures, but that has probably done little to prepare you for actually seeing the Pyramids of Giza in real life. Standing in the shadow of the 450 foot tall Great Pyramid is a humbling...
Old Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Darb 1718 is a cultural center in Old Cairo. It provides studio and gallery space to emerging artists from all over Egypt. This piece, painted on the side of one of the many buildings in the compound, immediately caught my eye.
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum