Collected by Nina Dietzel, AFAR Ambassador
Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
One of the core gifts of AFAR Experiences Cairo was to walk away with a more compassionate understanding of modern day Islam–thanks to our speakers Moez Masoud (Interfaith activist, TV host) and Riham Bahi (Professor, women's rights activist)....
Teraat Al Mansoureya, Giza Governorate, Egypt
Don't be fooled by camels. Cute and adorable-looking on the outside, these guys like to snarl. And spit. And try to make it really clear that they don't actually want you to climb on their back so they can hoist you in the air and be led to and...
Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Somewhere between Luxor and Aswan a number of these merchants docked their boats midstream, caught a ride and a few sales. Merchandise was thrown back and forth between vessels, accompanied by entertaining (and very vocal) barter.
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now