Collected by Nina Dietzel, AFAR Ambassador
Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
One of the core gifts of AFAR Experiences Cairo was to walk away with a more compassionate understanding of modern day Islam–thanks to our speakers Moez Masoud (Interfaith activist, TV host) and Riham Bahi (Professor, women's rights activist)....
Teraat Al Mansoureya, Giza Governorate, Egypt
Don't be fooled by camels. Cute and adorable-looking on the outside, these guys like to snarl. And spit. And try to make it really clear that they don't actually want you to climb on their back so they can hoist you in the air and be led to and...
Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Somewhere between Luxor and Aswan a number of these merchants docked their boats midstream, caught a ride and a few sales. Merchandise was thrown back and forth between vessels, accompanied by entertaining (and very vocal) barter.
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village