Collected by alexandria richards
1 Festival Square, Edinburgh EH3 9SR, UK
With a menu that lists 52 different types of gin, from regions as different as Scotland, Spain and the United States, ordering a simple G&T could turn into a headache at One Square. Fortunately the bar (located inside the Sheraton Hotel) has its...
21 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EN, UK
Heading off the Royal Mile to find Greyfriar's Bobby, we passed this cafe that, by its name, I assumed was an Indian restaurant. But a closer look at the bottom of the main window stated that this was where the hero of Hogwarts was created. The...
308 Morningside Rd, Edinburgh EH10 4QH, UK
The clothing and gifts here are all fair trade. Most come from cooperatives in India and Africa. —Gaynor Salisbury 308 Morningside Rd. 44/(0) 131-447-1040. This story appeared in the November/December 2010 issue. See all of Gaynor...
376 Morningside Rd, Edinburgh EH10 5HX, UK
The deli is right down the road from Loopy Lorna’s. It’s the only place in Scotland to get the best French butter, and they sell some delicious rare cheeses. —Gaynor Salisbury 376 Morningside Rd. 44/(0) 131-447-8877. This story appeared in the...
352 Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NF, UK
The Witchery Restaurant is a Scottish institution. A high-end dining experience in an enchanting and magical atmosphere, it's a setting perfectly in tune with the spooky legends that Edinburgh is known for. You must make a reservation and try to...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December