Collected by Stuart Cole
Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh EH8 8AL, UK
There are few things in life I hate more than hiking. I would sprint anyone given the opportunity - but hiking? No. Every hike that lasts more than 10 minutes is already 9 more minutes than I can handle. But, that doesn't mean I rebuke at every...
Queen's Dr, Edinburgh EH8 8HG, UK
If you have an hour or two to spare in Edinburgh, Holyrood Park is a great outdoor activity. The park is so expansive and has many trails for a good walk, or if you're feeling particularly adventurous you can hike up the famous, and very steep,...
155 West Port, Edinburgh EH3 9DP, UK
If there’s one thing I love more than coffee, it’s coffee and cake. Lovecrumbs, located in the West Port, a short stroll from the Grassmarket, does both brilliantly. The Edinburgh College of Art sits across the road, so the arty atmosphere is...
29-35 Niddry St, Edinburgh EH1 1LG, UK
The Banshee is hands down the coolest pub I've ever been to. It's noted as "Scotland's most haunted pub", and boasts two bars, a billiards room, a stage, a cinema, and loads of space to sit down and enjoy a pint (or one of their drink specials,...
74-78 Grassmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2JR, UK
We ended our Edinburgh trip, suitably, at The Last Drop, which is in the heart of the Grassmarket. According to our host, The Last Drop is where prisoners would go to get their last drink of whiskey prior to being executed. From grassmarket.net:...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village