Collected by Elaine Davenport
Lawnmarket, Lady Stair's Close, Edinburgh EH1 2PA, UK
Just off the Royal Mile after you go under an archway is the Writers Museum in Scotland's capital city. The museum honors three of the nation's finest writers - Robbie Burns, Robert L. Stevenson and Sir Walter Scott. It is well worth a visit,...
366 Morningside Rd, Edinburgh EH10 4QN, UK
The owners are a South African brother and sister, and they do great coffee. Try their Elephant Soup, which has lentils, peanuts, and a type of African dried meat calledbiltong. —Gaynor Salisbury 366 Morningside Rd. 44/(0) 131-466-8337. This story...
Countryside Ranger Service, 69 Hermitage of Braid, Edinburgh EH10 6JF, UK
by Gaynor Salisbury, As Told To Nick Draney A great escape from the city. The nature reserve is a 10-minute walk from Loopy’s. It’s a great to way to work off too much cake. South of Hermitage Dr. fohb.org This story appeared in the...
Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh EH8 8AZ, UK
There are few things in life I hate more than hiking. I would sprint anyone given the opportunity - but hiking? No. Every hike that lasts more than 10 minutes is already 9 more minutes than I can handle. But, that doesn't mean I rebuke at every...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019