Collected by Marian Verkerk
Chambers St, Edinburgh EH1 1JF, UK
History buffs should not miss this sprawling museum housed in adjacent ultramodern and classic Victorian buildings—the latter with a magnificent birdcage Great Hall. The monarchs of the auld nation are explained in exhibits, as is the movement of...
130 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1QS, UK
The best known part of Edinburgh is the main street, better known as The Royal Mile. In fact many things in the city have a royal or regal name. While waiting for breakfast in Garfunkel's Restaurant, the sun came out and so I snapped this somewhat...
Royal Mile, Edinburgh, UK
Walking the Royal Mile is interesting - you go from one end where the castle is, to the other where you'll find the Scottish Parliament and a palacial looking building that costs you about $20 to get into. Me, I like getting off the beaten track,...
The Mound, Edinburgh EH2 2EL, UK
From the flagship building with classics (Velázquez to Botticelli), to the Portrait Gallery (don't miss Ken Currie's haunting Three Oncologists), to the Gallery of Modern Art, Scotland's collection of artwork proves itself distinct from and no...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter