Collected by Marian Verkerk
Chambers St, Edinburgh EH1 1JF, UK
History buffs should not miss this sprawling museum housed in adjacent ultramodern and classic Victorian buildings—the latter with a magnificent birdcage Great Hall. The monarchs of the auld nation are explained in exhibits, as is the movement of...
130 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1QS, UK
The best known part of Edinburgh is the main street, better known as The Royal Mile. In fact many things in the city have a royal or regal name. While waiting for breakfast in Garfunkel's Restaurant, the sun came out and so I snapped this somewhat...
Royal Mile, Edinburgh, UK
Walking the Royal Mile is interesting - you go from one end where the castle is, to the other where you'll find the Scottish Parliament and a palacial looking building that costs you about $20 to get into. Me, I like getting off the beaten track,...
The Mound, Edinburgh EH2 2EL, UK
From the flagship building with classics (Velázquez to Botticelli), to the Portrait Gallery (don't miss Ken Currie's haunting Three Oncologists), to the Gallery of Modern Art, Scotland's collection of artwork proves itself distinct from and no...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles