Collected by Jacob Bessey
The little city of Banos is situated on the side of volcano Tungurahua and has gorgeous waterfalls like this one, the Pailon del Diablo or Devil's Cauldron. To get up this high the trail first drops about 1000 feet into the valley and then climbs...
Technically, you don’t have to be a science geek to appreciate a cruise to the Galapagos Islands off the coast of Ecuador. That said, basic knowledge of the archipelago as the inspiration for Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution certainly won’t...
Juan Rodríguez, Reina Victoria 282 y, Quito 170524, Ecuador
Achiote is not your typical Ecuadorian restaurant. It does include some standard Andean items on the menu, like roasted guinea pig, but their speciality is reinventing old-time favorites adding a gourmet twist. One could say this is Ecuadorian...
Santa Cruz Island, Ecuador
The Giant Tortoise Reserve is one of the highlights of any trip to the Galapagos, but don't forget to look around on your drive across the island; Santa Cruz is noted for tremendous scenic beauty in its own right. It's amazing just how much you...
Avenida Rio Amazonas N23-71, y Wilson, Quito 170143, Ecuador
A definite highlight! Snorkeling with penguins. We had a few lucky snorkeling sessions where they swam right up to us. The guides from the Lindblad national geographic expedition ship knew just where to take us for some incredible wildlife...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May