Collected by Jennifer Zivic
The little city of Banos is situated on the side of volcano Tungurahua and has gorgeous waterfalls like this one, the Pailon del Diablo or Devil's Cauldron. To get up this high the trail first drops about 1000 feet into the valley and then climbs...
Av. Conocarpus, Sn, Puerto Villamil 200250, Ecuador
Three separate schools of hammerheads passed by us as the current drifted us along between two rock walls. We probably saw nearly 100 sharks in a 30-minute period. I was breathing so heavily, I had to come up early because I was running low on...
Galápagos Islands, Ecuador
There are not many places in the world where you can capture three distinct species in a single frame. In the Galapagos you can, from just a few yards away. I especially liked watching (and photographing) the way very distant relatives interacted....
Manuel Cordova Galarza, Quito, Ecuador
My 3 best friends and I recently started practicing yoga. We discovered it independently - Ellen in Alaska, Anna in Michigan, Katie in Ecuador, and me in NY. While visiting Ecuador this past June for Katie's wedding, we came up with the brilliant...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 3Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania