Collected by Barry Brown, AFAR Staff
Gil Ramirez Davalos, Cuenca, Ecuador
Ecuador is a local foodie paradise. And no more so than in Cuenca. A variety of lush produce grows all year round in small farms surrounding this Highland Colonial city. The volcanic soil of the Andean Mountains nourishes a rich array of fruits...
Kicker Rock, Ecuador
One beautiful morning on our Galapagos Islands Trip, we took a zodiac out with a naturalist and cruised around Kicker Rock. The morning light hitting the rock was stunning and the many birds on the rock and seals were great to see.
Galápagos Islands, Ecuador
There are not many places in the world where you can capture three distinct species in a single frame. In the Galapagos you can, from just a few yards away. I especially liked watching (and photographing) the way very distant relatives interacted....
The little city of Banos is situated on the side of volcano Tungurahua and has gorgeous waterfalls like this one, the Pailon del Diablo or Devil's Cauldron. To get up this high the trail first drops about 1000 feet into the valley and then climbs...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys