Collected by Briana Goodwin
The little city of Banos is situated on the side of volcano Tungurahua and has gorgeous waterfalls like this one, the Pailon del Diablo or Devil's Cauldron. To get up this high the trail first drops about 1000 feet into the valley and then climbs...
Quilotoa Lake, Ecuador
In September of 2013, I hiked the Quilotoa area 13,000 feet up in the Andes mountains of Ecuador. My first day in the area was pretty scary. The wind blew so hard that it actually knocked me horizontal! Had I been standing a foot more to the...
Daniel Cevallos Rd 1064, Quito, Ecuador
Welcome to the "Middle of the World." Actually, Ciudad Mitad Del Mundo is a little askew from the middle of the world – the equator lies about 800-feet north of the marked line. Nevertheless, in this city, located in Pichinita, you can climb...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos