Collected by Danielle Heeney
The little city of Banos is situated on the side of volcano Tungurahua and has gorgeous waterfalls like this one, the Pailon del Diablo or Devil's Cauldron. To get up this high the trail first drops about 1000 feet into the valley and then climbs...
Daniel Cevallos Rd 1064, Quito, Ecuador
Welcome to the "Middle of the World." Actually, Ciudad Mitad Del Mundo is a little askew from the middle of the world – the equator lies about 800-feet north of the marked line. Nevertheless, in this city, located in Pichinita, you can climb...
Ecuador is a tiny country and most of it is well-known to tourists. But the northwestern province of Esmeraldas is still well off the beaten track, thanks to its inaccessibility, and its border with Colombia. But those who undertake the seven hour...
Chile OE4-22, Quito 170401, Ecuador
I knew something important was about to happen when I took this shot, but didn't know what. I learned very quickly that Ecuador's President Rafael Correa greets his people every Monday on the square. I appreciate that I captured two distinct...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico