Collected by Bertie Downs
Bermeo, Quito, Ecuador
Quito has some of the continent’s best examples of colonial art and architecture. Must-stops include the National Museum of Colonial Art and the Guayasamin Museum, dedicated to contemporary artist Oswaldo Guayasamin. The Manuela Saenz Museum,...
The little city of Banos is situated on the side of volcano Tungurahua and has gorgeous waterfalls like this one, the Pailon del Diablo or Devil's Cauldron. To get up this high the trail first drops about 1000 feet into the valley and then climbs...
Reina Victoria, Quito 170150, Ecuador
La Boca del Lobo is a funky little restaurant in the Mariscal neighborhood of Quito. The decor, as you can see, is a bit surreal with bright colors, abstract art and a tree growing up through the floor. The food is tapas style with a mix of...
Juan Rodríguez, Reina Victoria 282 y, Quito 170524, Ecuador
Achiote is not your typical Ecuadorian restaurant. It does include some standard Andean items on the menu, like roasted guinea pig, but their speciality is reinventing old-time favorites adding a gourmet twist. One could say this is Ecuadorian...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Travel News Japan Implements New “Sayonara” Tax on Travelers