Collected by Victoria Sebring
Gil Ramirez Davalos, Cuenca, Ecuador
Ecuador is a local foodie paradise. And no more so than in Cuenca. A variety of lush produce grows all year round in small farms surrounding this Highland Colonial city. The volcanic soil of the Andean Mountains nourishes a rich array of fruits...
Kicker Rock, Ecuador
One beautiful morning on our Galapagos Islands Trip, we took a zodiac out with a naturalist and cruised around Kicker Rock. The morning light hitting the rock was stunning and the many birds on the rock and seals were great to see.
I was sitting on the beach when all of a sudden a flock of Frigatebitds started circling above. When they started swooping down I went closer to investigate. Sea turtles hatched and were making a vain attempt to get to the ocean. Seeing these guys...
Cotopaxi Province, Ecuador
We spent the night up on Cotopaxi (19,300 ft.) and the next morning went for a short walk up the trail. We were greeted by these llamas who blocked our path back down to the lodge! There were friendly enough, but very curious. I would highly...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now