Eating our way through Tokyo and Osaka
Collected by Tina Lim, AFAR Local Expert
1 Chome-3 Shioe, Amagasaki, Hyōgo Prefecture 661-0976, Japan
Before I even knew about Japanese food, I've tasted takoyaki balls at one of the supermarket stalls back home when I was a kid. I would see them cook the little balls in a big iron pan with the mold for the balls and the smell of newly cooked...
2 Chome-3-２５ Dōtonbori, Chūō-ku, Ōsaka-shi, Ōsaka-fu 542-0071, Japan
We've all heard about Wagyu beef, but not everyone has heard about Matsusaka Beef. Some may have heard Kobe Beef. All of these though are types of Wagyu beef, including a third type which is Omi. So if you visit Japan, you should try the big three...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet