Eating in Ilhéus
A must-stop for fans of Brazil's most famous writer, this canary-yellow house is where Amado lived with his parents while writing his debut novel, The Country of Carnival. Amado's father built the neoclassical-style family home in 1928. Guided...
This former cabaret was once the place to see and be seen for cocoa tycoons of Ilhéus (and, of course, another atmospheric setting in Jorge Amado's Gabriela, Cravo e Canela). Fully restored in 2004, it stages concerts and art exhibitions in...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos