Eat Dessert First
Collected by Allison Murray, AFAR Contributor
123 E 7th St, New York, NY 10009, USA
It often seems there are as many cupcake shops in NYC, as there are hipsters. Everyone has a favorite. Butter Lane on East 7th (and now in Park Slope also on Seventh) is one of mine. They don't have the most inventive flavors in the world, though...
I visited Central Asia in 2011 and had a two-day stay in the historic city of Khiva, Uzbekistan. Khiva has a long history as a side branch of the Silk Road. Today it is a well preserved city full of wonderful mosques, tombs, palaces, alleys and...
Wadi Nisnas, Haifa, Israel
Wadi Nisnas in Haifa is a neighborhood of white cobblestone streets and whimsical public art projects, but the best reason to visit might be the bakeries. This baklava is not only delicious but beautiful too, lined up in symmetrical rows or...
Pasadizo San Ginés, 5, 28013 Madrid, Spain
41 Bukit Pasoh Rd, Singapore 089855
Chef André Chiang of Singapore's haute dining spot, Restaurant André, has an obsession with the Snickers bar. The young chef reinvents the classic American candy each year for his menu. He wanted to offer his guests a timeless chocolate dessert...
Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY, USA
I think people go to Coney Island as much for the delicious carnival food as for the rides and games. Everywhere you look there are vendors selling hot dogs, french fries, ice cream, cotton candy, and caramel apples. It's too hard to choose only...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Travel NewsAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3Travel NewsHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 4National ParksYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years
- 5TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric