Eastern Shore, VA
Collected by Lara Dalinsky , AFAR Local Expert
Life around Cape Charles, VA and the Delmarva peninsula
View of the Atlantic Ocean meeting the Chesapeake Bay as seen from the southern point of the Delmarva peninsula. This lookout point is just before the 23-mile Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, a link between the peninsula and Virgina Beach. The...
3313, 645 Tazewell Ave, Cape Charles, VA 23310, USA
In the summer, many farmers and vendors set up stands along Rt. 13 on the Delmarva peninsula to sell local produce. This is my favorite booth because of its eccentric signage and the sweet, senior couple who have run the business for years.
Cape Charles, VA 23310, USA
Southeast Expeditions offers great kayaking tours around the Cape Charles and the Delmarva peninsula. We kayaked part of the Eastern Shore National Wildlife Refuge and crossed the channel to Raccoon Island where we enjoyed pleasant views of the...
814 Randolph Ave, Cape Charles, VA 23310, USA
Established in 1884, Cape Charles used to be a booming railroad town near the tip of the Delmarva Peninsula on the eastern shore of Virginia in the early 20th century. This final stop at the end of the peninsula was an important shipping point...
Beach Bay Ct, Virginia Beach, VA 23455, USA
Bay Creek offers rentals in a couple of its communities interspersed among Cape Charles. Homes and condos are available in the award-winning Golf District and jelly bean-colored cottages can be rented at Marina Village, on the waterfront just...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico