Collected by Christopher Rounick
Stahovica, 1242 Stahovica, Slovenia
Ride the cable car at Velika Planina ski resort to the Zeleni Rob mountain hut, where you can savor a bowl of jota (bean and pickled turnip stew) with a glass of Lasko beer. 386/(0) 5-134-1406. This appeared in the November/December 2012 issue.
Gosposka ulica 10, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
The 13 suites at Ljubljana’s Antiq Palace complement the city’s historic and artsy appeal. Vaulted ceilings, muted lighting, and private terraces create a hushed oasis near the bustling commercial neighborhood around the Ljubljanica River. From...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign