Collected by Christopher Rounick
Stahovica, 1242 Stahovica, Slovenia
Ride the cable car at Velika Planina ski resort to the Zeleni Rob mountain hut, where you can savor a bowl of jota (bean and pickled turnip stew) with a glass of Lasko beer. 386/(0) 5-134-1406. This appeared in the November/December 2012 issue.
Gosposka ulica 10, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
The 13 suites at Ljubljana’s Antiq Palace complement the city’s historic and artsy appeal. Vaulted ceilings, muted lighting, and private terraces create a hushed oasis near the bustling commercial neighborhood around the Ljubljanica River. From...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys