Collected by Katy Hoogerwerf
Tomićeva ul. 5, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Wine has been made in Croatia for centuries. Explore the country’s newfound dedication to quality winemaking at the grape-focused restaurant, Bistro Karlo, and the easygoing wine bar Basement. Some grapes to look for include the white Graševina...
Jelsa, 21465, Jelsa, Croatia
On the pretty island of Hvar, beneath the Bastijana Winery of Andro Tomic, lies a jewel of a wine tasting hall. The dramatic cellar is called Triclinium and has been strikingly constructed out of various types of limestone in a similar manner to...
5271 Slap, Slovenia
Zmago, the owner and lead winemaker, met us at the top of the hill that leads to his family farm and the headquarters of a small organic Slovene wine label, Guerila. He walked down from the family's house to greet us, a plate of dried fruit,...
Πλατεία Αγίου Σπυρίδωνα 2, Ναύπλιο 211 00, Greece
Aetoma Hotel is a tastefully renovated 18th-century mansion, complete with high ceilings, old-world details, and jewel-colored fabrics. Located in the center of Nafplio, a charming seaside resort in Greece, the intimate hotel is a wonderful base...
200 5th Ave, New York, NY 10010, USA
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked