Collected by Katy Hoogerwerf
Tomićeva ul. 5, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Wine has been made in Croatia for centuries. Explore the country’s newfound dedication to quality winemaking at the grape-focused restaurant, Bistro Karlo, and the easygoing wine bar Basement. Some grapes to look for include the white Graševina...
Jelsa874a, 21465, Jelsa, Croatia
On the pretty island of Hvar, beneath the Bastijana Winery of Andro Tomic, lies a jewel of a wine tasting hall. The dramatic cellar is called Triclinium and has been strikingly constructed out of various types of limestone in a similar manner to...
5271 Slap, Slovenia
Zmago, the owner and lead winemaker, met us at the top of the hill that leads to his family farm and the headquarters of a small organic Slovene wine label, Guerila. He walked down from the family's house to greet us, a plate of dried fruit,...
2 Sq. San. Spiridon, Nafplio 211 00, Greece
Aetoma Hotel is a tastefully renovated 18th-century mansion, complete with high ceilings, old-world details, and jewel-colored fabrics. Located in the center of Nafplio, a charming seaside resort in Greece, the intimate hotel is a wonderful base...
200 5th Ave, New York, NY 10010, USA
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna