Collected by Curtis Fox
90, Nairobi, Kenya
Katie Cadar sends clients visiting to Nairobi to Kazuri Beads "to support the work of the local women who create such beautiful handmade jewelry." Kazuri, which means "small and beautiful" in Swahili was formed in 1975 to provide employment for...
KWS Central Workshop Gate, off, Nairobi, Kenya
The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust rescues and houses baby elephants that were orphaned throughout Kenya. Animal-lovers can see these little guys at the Trust's compound. There is a public feeding hour every day, but a visitor can contribute to...
Slip Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
The Maasai Market is an excellent spot to get all kinds of handmade crafts, jewelry, beads, woodwork, and art in the middle of Nairobi. My favorite items were the stacks of fabrics with Maasai prints, plaids, and Barack Obama screens. At this...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna