Easo, Lifou Highlights
Collected by Paul Sullivan, AFAR Local Expert
With its brilliant whitewashed walls and cliff-top location, the church of Notre Dame de Lourdes is in fact one of the first things visitors to Lifou spot as they approach the island. Constructed by Catholic missionaries, the structure dates back...
Joking, New Caledonia
The charming village of Jokin lies on Lifou's rugged northern coast, atop soaring 37-meter-tall (120-foot-tall) cliffs that used to form the walls of the island's barrier reef. Today, high above sea level, the cliffs serve mainly as a destination...
Lifou Island, New Caledonia
Lifou has several vanilla plantations that can be toured for a glimpse of how these sweetly scented beans—the pods of vanilla orchids—are cultivated, processed and exported all around the world. Depending on the season, visitors can also...
Xepenehe, New Caledonia
Le Fenepaza is one of the most popular eateries on Lifou, thanks to its simple, welcoming atmosphere and its array of traditional and international dishes. These range from grilled lobster and coconut crab dished up with a creamy vanilla sauce to...
Qanono, Mairie de Lifou, R.T.2, Wé 98820, New Caledonia
Located in the eastern town of Wé, the administrative center of Lifou, L'Île O Pizza is well known as one of the premier pizza spots on the island. Not much more than a brightly painted roadside shack surrounded by palm trees and a well-kept...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter