Easo, Lifou Highlights
Collected by Paul Sullivan , AFAR Local Expert
With its brilliant whitewashed walls and cliff-top location, the church of Notre Dame de Lourdes is in fact one of the first things visitors to Lifou spot as they approach the island. Constructed by Catholic missionaries, the structure dates back...
Joking, New Caledonia
The charming village of Jokin lies on Lifou's rugged northern coast, atop soaring 37-meter-tall (120-foot-tall) cliffs that used to form the walls of the island's barrier reef. Today, high above sea level, the cliffs serve mainly as a destination...
Lifou Island, New Caledonia
Lifou has several vanilla plantations that can be toured for a glimpse of how these sweetly scented beans—the pods of vanilla orchids—are cultivated, processed and exported all around the world. Depending on the season, visitors can also...
Xepenehe, New Caledonia
Le Fenepaza is one of the most popular eateries on Lifou, thanks to its simple, welcoming atmosphere and its array of traditional and international dishes. These range from grilled lobster and coconut crab dished up with a creamy vanilla sauce to...
Qanono, Mairie de Lifou, R.T.2, Wé 98820, New Caledonia
Located in the eastern town of Wé, the administrative center of Lifou, L'Île O Pizza is well known as one of the premier pizza spots on the island. Not much more than a brightly painted roadside shack surrounded by palm trees and a well-kept...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May