Collected by Andrew Kyriakatos
Obispo, La Habana, Cuba
and he might even have slept here- this place is world famous for two things - its Hemingway connection (Papa still resides in the corner of the bar in a life sized bronze) and it is reputed to be the home of the original daiquiri. what I can say...
O'Reilly, La Habana, Cuba
Brothers José Carlos and Julio Imperatori co-own 304 O'Reilly, an art-inspired dining experience in Old Havana. José Carlos used to work at a government bar in Havana, but always dreamed of opening his own restaurant. As soon as the government...
Esquina Monserrate Obrapía, La Habana 10100, Cuba
Just down from the Central Park in Old Havana, you’ll find Bar Monserrate, which a Cuban friend initially described as a neighborhood "dive bar." That's all I needed to make the scene my own. Being a dive bar genre expert, my first impressions...
603 Paseo de Martí, La Habana, Cuba
Yes, you read that correctly. This beautiful bar at the Saratoga Hotel is a place for both drinking and smoking. Now forgotten in the US, this used to be how most people passed their time in bars in the "olden days" - here in Cuba, it IS the...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December