Collected by Andrew Kyriakatos
Obispo, La Habana, Cuba
and he might even have slept here- this place is world famous for two things - its Hemingway connection (Papa still resides in the corner of the bar in a life sized bronze) and it is reputed to be the home of the original daiquiri. what I can say...
O'Reilly, La Habana, Cuba
Brothers José Carlos and Julio Imperatori co-own 304 O'Reilly, an art-inspired dining experience in Old Havana. José Carlos used to work at a government bar in Havana, but always dreamed of opening his own restaurant. As soon as the government...
Esquina Monserrate Obrapía, La Habana 10100, Cuba
Just down from the Central Park in Old Havana, you’ll find Bar Monserrate, which a Cuban friend initially described as a neighborhood "dive bar." That's all I needed to make the scene my own. Being a dive bar genre expert, my first impressions...
603 Paseo de Martí, La Habana, Cuba
Yes, you read that correctly. This beautiful bar at the Saratoga Hotel is a place for both drinking and smoking. Now forgotten in the US, this used to be how most people passed their time in bars in the "olden days" - here in Cuba, it IS the...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos