Dreaming of Romania
Collected by Alison Cornford-Matheson , AFAR Local Expert
Strada General Traian Moșoiu 24, Bran 507025, Romania
A few years ago I was lucky enough to make a trip into Romania, away from Bucharest with a Romanian friend. We decided to do a bit of Dracula hunting, so ended up in the town of Bran, which is close to the castle. The castle does have links with...
Bucovina, Botoșani, Romania
Set amidst the hilly forests of northeastern Romania, the Painted Monasteries of Bucovina are some of the most spectacular works of art and architecture in the world. (This is not hyperbole). The exterior walls are covered with vibrant Byzantine...
- 1 Tips + News Can I Travel Once I’m Vaccinated?
- 2 Trains Private Rooms on Amtrak’s Auto Train Are Just $109 Right Now
- 3 Museums + Galleries Immersive Van Gogh Digital Art Shows Coming to 13 U.S. Cities
- 4 Tips + News Europe Could Have COVID-19 Vaccine Passports by Summer
- 5 Cruise These Cruises Are Requiring COVID Vaccinations for All Guests