Dreaming of Hawaii
Collected by Julia Cosgrove , AFAR Staff
Food, sights, and experiences from the islands.
Waimea, HI 96743, USA
13,700 feet above sea level is the summit of Mauna Kea on the Big Island of Hawaii. Several companies offer tours for sunset viewing from the summit, followed by stargazing down at the visitors center at about 9000 feet. Incredible experience! You...
67 Kaniau Rd, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Shortly before reaching Lahaina, on the drive from Kihei, is a road-side fruit stand. Although it is there to snag tourists, not locals, we decided to stop and buy some fruit. These tasty little apple bananas aren't something we can find at home...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico