Dream Trip: Antarctica
Collected by Matt Long
Antarctica is a dream trip for many due in large part to how remote it is. It's also a very special place, one of the few virtually untouched by man. There are many reasons to love a trip to Antarctica, but these are some of my favorites.
Goudier Island,Wiencke Island, Antarctica
I was mesmerized by the icebergs in Antarctica- each unique like a snowflake. But in addition to beautiful looks, they also had a personality which is what I think drew them to me the most. An iceberg is a large piece of freshwater ice that has...
McMurdo Station, Antarctica
Ah yes the Emperor penguins. They may walk funny on land but at sea they can dive up to 1,850 feet (565 meters) deeper than any other bird, and stay under for more than 20 minutes. They are the largest of their species standing about 4 feet (1.2...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys