Collected by AFAR Explorer
Landhuis Blaauw z/n, Willemstad, Curaçao
My trip to Curaçao was a reprieve from too much overtime and a desire to warm up while checking out the scenery under the water to my heart's content. I arrived at Blue Bay with a group from my hotel for a day of sun soaked snorkeling - and I was...
De Rouvilleweg, Willemstad, Curaçao
Equally brilliant to the Dutch colonial cityscape of Willemstad, Curaçao during the day is the view across the water at night. This cruise port city knows how to attract tourists and keep them fascinated with bright lights! A fairly safe and...
Sha Caprileskade, Willemstad, Curaçao
Near the pontoon bridge in Handelskade in Willemstad, wooden boats from Venezuela dock alongside the canal, and vendors here sell just-caught fish and tropical fruits and vegetables (plantains, citrus, papayas, avocados) directly from the quay...
Breedestraat, Willemstad, Curaçao
Opening up at the ungodly hour of 8 a.m. since 1954, tiny Netto Bar stands tall as a proud monument to the wonders of day drinking. Don't let this unassuming hangout in the middle of Otrobanda's gritty urban sprawl deceive you—visitors come...
Berg Altena, Willemstad, Curaçao
This picturesque row of small single-story multi-colored houses lies in step-configuration along sloping Berg Altena, so as to cheer up visitors to the neighboring Protestant and Jewish cemeteries. The houses are identical in front facade, central...
- 1 Travel News There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now