Drake Passage and Cape Horn
Collected by Sunshine Flint , AFAR Contributor
Isla Hornos, Chile, Cabo de Hornos, Región de Magallanes y de la Antártica Chilena, Chile
Subarctic islands such as Isla de Hornos are known for their special climates. Like arctic tundra, they are extremely isolated, which makes for a reduced number of species, and their climates are extreme, so they can support...
- 1 Travel News The Real Story Behind Venice’s Newly Crystal-Clear Canals
- 2 Travel News Quarantine. Self-Isolation. Lockdown. Shelter in Place. What’s the Difference?
- 3 Travel News Virtual Museum Tours, Performances, and Tutorials to Keep You (and Your Kids) Entertained at Home
- 4 Air Travel TSA Just Made Some Major Changes to Its Rules Due to Coronavirus
- 5 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Locked-Down Countries