Collected by Allison Hunt
Damajagua 57000, Dominican Republic
Even though Puerto Plata is a city set by the ocean, it only takes about 30 minutes to be completely engulfed in the jungle. At the 27 Charcos waterfall park on the banks of the Damajagua River, there are 27 different waterfalls which tumble their...
Cabarete 57000, Dominican Republic
Velero is a relatively small resort sporting just 60 rooms ranging in size from 50 to 200 square meters. All rooms feature direct views of the ocean, plus all the amenities you’d expect: central air, internet access, cable TV, etc. To be sure, my...
Millennium Resort & Spa, Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Cabarete is called "the action sports capital of the Caribbean" for a reason. On any given day, the bay is packed with kites towing boarders every which way. Just up the street are excellent surf breaks and in between paddleboarders chill or chase...
Millennium Resort & Spa, Cabarete 57000, Dominican Republic
Believe me, kiteboarding is as awesome as it looks, and there’s no place better to catch the fever than in Cabarete, Dominican Republic, and no better school than Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding. Courses will run you around $66 per hour, but the...
5 Punta Goleta, Cabarete 57000, Dominican Republic
Before you even enter the small road-side shop, you begin to get an idea that this place isn’t like your average Dunkin Donuts back home. Right up front is a huge sign with their list of “Daily Practices.” It starts with some basics of the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local