Don't Miss These Gems of Ireland
Collected by Karen Bender , AFAR Contributor
Moyarta East, Co. Clare, Ireland
The Long Dock is a pub in the fishing village of Carrigaholt, specializing in local seafood. The seafood chowder, pictured here, was a light, tangy chowder filled with fresh fish and potato; it was so creamy it was like eating warm silk. The...
The Castle Pier, Quay Road, Rinemackaderrig, Carrigaholt, Co. Clare, Ireland
The boat heads out into the silver-green water. I haven't brought the right jacket, so Susanne Magee, the co-owner of Dolphin Watch, brings me a thick, cozy one. We had out into the area where the Shannon River meets the Atlantic, to see some of...
Purecamping, Querrin, Co. Clare, V15 F602, Ireland
An eco-campground in the Loop Head peninsula, Pure Camping features “glamping”—aka glamorous camping—in pre-erected canvas bell tents. Sleep in a cozy futon bed, stoke the cast iron stone in your tent if it’s chilly, and wake to a silver-pink dawn...
Erin St, Dough, Kilkee, Co. Clare, Ireland
One of the best ways to experience the gorgeous cliffs of the Loop Head peninsula is to ride your bike beside them. Cillian Murphy, who runs Bog Road Bike Tours, the only guided bike tour business in the peninsula, understands this, so his tours...
- 1 Tips + News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 2 Tips + News CDC Issues New Advice for International Travelers: Get 2 COVID Tests
- 3 Tech + Gear The Ultimate Guide to Black Friday and Cyber Monday Travel Deals in 2020
- 4 Tips + News Navigating the Latest Travel Restrictions Across the U.S.
- 5 Tips + News The World’s First Energy-Positive Hotel Is Coming to Arctic Norway