Collected by Kenneth Harrell
Calle Emiliano Tejera 106, Santo Domingo 10212, Dominican Republic
La Casa De Los Dulces translates to The House of Sweets in English. You can see why this is every kids favorite spot in the colonial section of Santo Domingo. I used to visit all the time. It brought back so many memories to return and the owner...
Av. 30 de Marzo 140, Santo Domingo 10201, Dominican Republic
After a night of partying Dominicans in Santo Domingo head to popular old school spot Payan. It became my favorite place to eat not only because of their luscious pork leg sandwiches, but also all of the freshly made juices they offer. It was...
Santo Domingo 10212, Dominican Republic
In Santo Domingo, in the town square, you notice a funny two level structure perched on the edge and overlooking the ports. The Alcazar de Colon was a house built in 1510 by Cristobol Colombo's (Christopher Columbus) son, Diego. Diego was the...
La Romana 22000, Dominican Republic
I heard about this school years ago, when I studied design in the UK. An Israeli classmate had studied art at Altos de Chavón and wouldn't stop talking about the experience. I'd forgotten about 'the art school in the jungle', until I...
Yamasá 92000, Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic ranks at the top of the global ranking in cocoa production and export. In 2009 it exported over 62,000 tons of cocoa mainly to the United States and Europe. Try the local cocoa tea made from shaving cocoa balls!
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico