Dominican Republic – Casa de Campo
Collected by Nina Dietzel , AFAR Ambassador
La Romana 22000, Dominican Republic
On the Dominican Republic’s southeastern coast, high above the Chavón River gorge in La Romana, sits Altos de Chavón, a replica of a 16th-century Tuscan village handcrafted by local artisans. Completed in 1976, the site now...
22000, Dominican Republic
When wind and waves cooperate, it's only a swift boat ride from Casa de Campo's beach to Catalina Island. Babtized 'Santa Catalina', by Christopher Columbus in 1494, the island is located about 2 kilometers from the mainland, and occupies less...
Carr La Romana - Higuey, La Romana 22000, Dominican Republic
Located on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic near the city of La Romana, Casa de Campo has its own international airport and a Portofino-like marina for guests arriving by yacht. It’s also home to an equestrian club, a...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall