Dominican Republic – Casa de Campo
Collected by Nina Dietzel, AFAR Ambassador
La Romana 22000, Dominican Republic
On the Dominican Republic’s southeastern coast, high above the Chavón River gorge in La Romana, sits Altos de Chavón, a replica of a 16th-century Tuscan village handcrafted by local artisans. Completed in 1976, the site now...
22000, Dominican Republic
When wind and waves cooperate, it's only a swift boat ride from Casa de Campo's beach to Catalina Island. Babtized 'Santa Catalina', by Christopher Columbus in 1494, the island is located about 2 kilometers from the mainland, and occupies less...
Carr La Romana - Higuey, La Romana 22000, Dominican Republic
Located on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic, near the city of La Romana, Casa de Campo has its own international airport and a Portofino-like marina for guests arriving by yacht. It’s also home to an equestrian club, a spa,...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022