Collected by Sherry Ott, AFAR Ambassador
Chouran Street, بيروت، Lebanon
A stunning set of rocks welcome you to the city of Beirut. Pigeons’ Rock (also known as the Rock of Raouché) is located at Beirut’s western-most tip, the two huge rock formations stand like gigantic sentinels to the city. Locals love to walk along...
12 Rue Naher, Armenia Street, بيروت، Lebanon
"Tawlét is my life: a cooperative-style kitchen where producers from the market cook home-style lunches. Lebanese people may not share religion or politics, we may come from the city or country, we may have money or not, but we can all sharekebbeh...
56 Madrid street، Mar Mikhayel، Lebanon
"A boutique that sells Mideast-chic clothing and home décor. The shop has a modern design sensibility, pure and simple, but it’s inspired by the traditional shapes, techniques, and fabrics of the region.” 56 Madrid St., 961/1-444-141." —Kamal...
Beirut Souks، Bayrut, Lebanon
Name: Kamal Mouzawak
Where he lives:Beirut, Lebanon
Occupation: Creator of Souk el Tayeb, the first farmers’ market in downtown Beirut. Kamal is also the founder of Tawlét (the name comes from the Arabic word for table), a cooperative...
Monot St، Bayrut, Lebanon
For me, there is little better than a perfect Lachmacun. I found a beautiful streetside oven in downtown Beirut. The oven man was cranking out at least a dozen lachmacun every 3 minutes. For just a dollar, you can be quite well fed. In Beirut with...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos