Collected by AFAR Explorer
Eastern Market, Detroit, MI, USA
The eat-fresh, know-your-farmer trend that's sweeping the United States hasn't skipped over Detroit. But lest you think Eastern Market is just like the pokey farmer's markets cropping up all over the country, know this: Eastern Market is an entire...
2517 Russell St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
Germack began in Detroit in 1924 as the Germack Pistachio Company and is the oldest roaster of pistachio nuts in the United States. Today, it occupies more than double the retail space it once did and sells more than just nuts—now the highlight...
511 W Canfield St, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Owner Carolyn claims that what was once a neighborhood dive bar got its current name when a brawl broke out—the former owner held up the keys, asked if anyone wanted to buy a bar and a local teacher said, "sure," which prompted one of his friends...
1529 Broadway St, Detroit, MI 48226, USA
Suds fans should book the short tour with the brewmaster at this relatively modern (2003) brewpub, which is located in the restored historic Hartz Building and has a custom-made tank system in its basement. Eight house beers are available on tap...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 4 Travel News Which State You Live in Says a Lot About Where You Like to Travel
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos