Collected by J L
4454 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
One of the best presenters of hip, global music in Michigan is MOCAD, the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit. This is Omar Souleyman...a Syrian musician who fuses traditional Middle Eastern jams with electronic beats. It's bizarre and awesome. And...
5200 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
New York, Washington D.C., and Chicago get a lot of the good press when it comes to the arts and art museums, but the Detroit Institute of Arts helps Detroit give these cities a run for their money. The diverse collection is spread out over 100...
Corktown, Detroit, MI, USA
This barbecue restaurant in the middle of the Corktown Historic District in Detroit is known for its slow-cooked meats, such as pork brisket and ribs, and off-the-bone chicken. The macaroni is another popular menu choice and I can definitely see...
1 Civic Center Dr, Detroit, MI 48226, USA
Someone once told me there's no better way to see a city than from the water. In Detroit, that's also the way to straddle the border between the United States and Canada! Take a ride on the Detroit Princess Riverboat and you'll see downtown, Belle...
441 W Canfield St, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
The word "shinola" was popularized during World War II when the phrase, "You don't know shit from Shinola" became a commonplace colloquialism. Back then, it referred to a Texas brand of shoe polish, which was government issue for all soldiers. In...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked