Collected by Jenn Young
5200 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Having visited Detroit dozens of times for work, I was errant in never having explored the Detroit Institute of Arts Museum. To my own discredit, it took threats of the pieces being sold to pay the city's debts (these threats continue today) to...
2648 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48208, USA
Fans of Motown can see the studio where famous artists recorded some of their albums, check out memorabilia, and listen to some classics at the Motown Historical Museum. Their collection is extensive and owns a wonderful array of uncommon photos....
3600 Heidelberg St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
Detroit artist Tyree Guyton took a look around his neighborhood and was unhappy with what he saw. So he decided to do something about it. The Heidelberg Project, a public art display exploding across Heidelberg Street in eastern Detroit, is the...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights